CarpetWays Privacy and Cookies Policies
CarpetWays Direct (UK) Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CarpetWays Direct (UK) Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th May 2018.
We may collect the following information when you use the Contact Us Form or place an Order:
- your name
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- your billing address if you have placed an order for products
- Additionally, we also collect your IP address. We use it to determine your location in order to correctly apply the EU VAT rules. We need to store this information as proof that the VAT was correctly calculated. When the IP is collected, it is checked with geolocation services to automatically determine your physical location.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfill any order placed on this website.
- Internal record keeping and guarantee enquiries.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you submit via the website is encrypted during delivery via GeoTrust SSL.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, ensure the subscribe to our Mailing list is un-checked. Joining the mailing list is a double opt in procedure with a follow up e-mail sent for confirmation. You can un-subscribe from the mailing list at any time using the un-subscribe link in the footer of all Newsletters.
- in addition if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not forward, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to CarpetWays Direct [UK] Ltd. 1 Peacock Drive, Allanshaw Industrial Estate, Hamilton,Lanarkshire, ML3 9FJ.
If you have an account on this site, placed orders, made product reviews or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.