CarpetWays Privacy and Cookies Policies
CarpetWays Direct (UK) Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CarpetWays Direct (UK) Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th May 2018.
We may collect the following information when you use the Contact Us Form or place an Order:
- your name
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- your billing address if you have placed an order for products
- Additionally, we also collect your IP address. We use it to determine your location in order to correctly apply the EU VAT rules. We need to store this information as proof that the VAT was correctly calculated. When the IP is collected, it is checked with geolocation services to automatically determine your physical location.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfill any order placed on this website.
- Internal record keeping and guarantee enquiries.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you submit via the website is encrypted during delivery via GeoTrust SSL.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use four categories of cookie on our websites,
- Strictly Neccessary
Some of these are “session cookies”, which stay in place only for the duration of your visit to our website and are deleted at the end of your browsing session. Others are "persistent cookies", which remain on your device for a period of time after you have left the website. Cookies may also be placed by our approved business partners, which are known as "third party cookies".
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of our Websites.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website.
Without Strictly Necessary Cookies our Websites and back-end services would not work. If you remove or disable these Cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use our Websites.
Our use of Strictly Necessary Cookies includes:
- identifying you as logged in to the secure parts of our website for the duration of your visit;
- remembering information you have previously entered to complete a form (e.g. retrieval of a quote) as you proceed through a journey on our Website. Your information is stored on our secure servers and the cookie contains only a unique reference number which links you to your stored information when you log into the Website.
We do not use Strictly Necessary Cookies to:
- collect information about you for marketing purposes; or
- track your internet activity on other websites.
Some examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies used on our websites are:
[add names of cookies and function]
Performance Cookies collect information about how visitors use our Websites. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Websites.
Performance Cookies help us to improve the way our Websites work (e.g. by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily) and to recognise when error messages are being received. Performance Cookies don't collect any information that could identify you.
The information collected by these Cookies is either anonymous or pseudonymised.
Our use of Performance Cookies uses includes:
- analysing how visitors use our website;
- recording any errors that occur;
- testing different designs of our website; and
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
We do not use Performance Cookies to collect personal information.
Facebook – we may use Facebook to deliver you relevant ads, or to analyze the website traffic. You can always change your Facebook account privacy at Facebook Ad Preferences
Some examples of Performance Cookies used on our websites are:
[add names of cookies and function]
Functionality Cookies are used to provide services (such as videos) or to remember choices you make so we can personalise our content for you (for example, by remembering your user name, choice of language or region).
Our use of Functionality Cookies includes:
- remembering preferences you have chosen to customise your experience of our Website; or
- providing live chat functionality to you across our Websites.
We do not use Functionality Cookies to target you with adverts on other websites.
You can block these cookies using your browser settings, but this may mean that we cannot offer you certain services and may prevent us from remembering that you have chosen not to receive a certain service.
Some examples of Functionality Cookies used on our Websites are:
[add names of cookies and function]
Targeting Cookies record your visit to our Websites, including the web pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Websites and our advertising relevant to your interests and provide this information to third parties.
This information may be used to trigger direct communications with you, for example, to send you automated emails tailored to your interests, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing materials from us.
We may also use information from Targeting Cookies to trigger service support communications.
Targeting Cookies may also be placed by our approved business partners. Targeting Cookies are generally linked to services provided by those third parties e.g. "like" buttons.
You can control whether or not Targeting Cookies are used, however, if you block them, we may not be able to offer you certain functionality.
Our use of Targeting Cookies includes:
- delivering content and marketing communications tailored to your interests based on information from your visit to our Websites
- providing advertising agencies with information about your visit so that they can show you relevant adverts online; and
- providing social networks such as Twitter or Facebook with information about your visit to our Websites.
Some examples of Targeting Cookies used on our websites are:
[add names of cookies and function]
Accept or block Cookies
You can block any cookies from any website by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. However, if you block all cookies (including Strictly Necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of our Websites. You can also use your browser settings to delete cookies. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where a cookie is provided by a third party, you may be able to use that third party’s own tools to block that cookie.
Cookies within mobile applications
We only use Strictly Necessary Cookies on our mobile applications. These Cookies are critical to the functionality of our applications, so if you block or delete these Cookies you may not be able to use the application. These Cookies are not shared with any other application on your mobile device. We never use the Cookies from the mobile application to store personal information about you.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing you Carpetways Wishlist via Social Media Channels may result in said Channels issuing their own cookies subject to their Privacy policies and is outside of our control.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, ensure the subscribe to our Mailing list is un-checked. Joining the mailing list is a double opt in procedure with a follow up e-mail sent for confirmation. You can un-subscribe from the mailing list at any time using the un-subscribe link in the footer of all Newsletters.
- in addition if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not forward, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to CarpetWays Direct [UK] Ltd. 1 Peacock Drive, Allanshaw Industrial Estate, Hamilton,Lanarkshire, ML3 9FJ.
If you have an account on this site, placed orders, made product reviews or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.